Author Topic: delkron cases  (Read 2892 times)

Offline bike_doctor

delkron cases
« on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011. 08:39:24 PM. »
i have just aquired a shovelhead motor with delkron cases for a hard tail project im building. i really dont mess wth shovels much and i dont know if it having delkron cases is a good thing or not. just looking for some opinions. any idea of what would be worth, hoping i didnt overpay to much??????
born to wrench

Offline hotrodshovel

• Site Supporter
  • NYC
Re: delkron cases
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011. 08:56:58 PM. »
Hey, don't know what you paid or what you got but its always been my opinion that Delkron cases are much stronger than stock and will handle a radical build.

The bigwigs here will validate that.

Good luck with your Shovel. You are certainly in the right place.
John

Offline gryphon

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011. 09:33:46 PM. »
I built a shovel using Delkron cases back in the early 90's. I ran it for years and it's been in my sons bike for about 4 or 5 years now. Never any problems. They are thicker in some places than stock so sometimes take a little wrestling into place. I personaly would not have any concerns with Delkron cases.

Offline moose

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 23, 2011. 02:30:10 AM. »
great cases used a lot of them back when
Moose aka Glenn at the New Jersey Shore

Offline Dawgtired

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011. 04:56:35 AM. »
Built my 96" Shovel on Delcron cases. No problems in 4 years :up:

Offline Lew

• Washed-up in Washington '83FLHS, '83XLS HTT#17
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011. 07:47:51 AM. »
One of, if not, the strongest cases out there.  I Love em... :smilep:

Lew
-It is now later than it has ever been before-

Offline 79FLH

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011. 10:28:08 AM. »
  I just built a 96" on S&S cases, went back & forth between Delkron & S&S. Bottom line was that the Delkron cases were way more heavy duty as far as wall thickness. If I was building a 102" or 110" I would have gone with the Delkrons, but I was able to re-use most of my parts, & a couple of my bro's said they have had some clearance issues with Delkron in the past, So I went S&S. But EVERYBODY that I know that has used Delkron says that they are bulletproof...  Good luck bro !!
Ride it like ya stole it !!

Offline gryphon

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 24, 2011. 02:54:59 PM. »
Yeah, that's one thing about making the cases thicker, it takes up more room. If you're running delkrons on a new build just make sure to check for proper clearance between the motor and the motor mounts before doing any painting. It's not a major issue, just an issue.

Offline catmcaw

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011. 09:09:11 AM. »
  I noticed a few weeks back that the new owners of Delkron added what looks like a 25% jump in price.  They seem to think a lot of them.

Offline prodrag1320

• Premium Vendor
  • AHDRA & AMRA national champion & record holder
    • vee twin racing
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011. 09:14:28 AM. »
Yeah, that's one thing about making the cases thicker, it takes up more room. If you're running delkrons on a new build just make sure to check for proper clearance between the motor and the motor mounts before doing any painting. It's not a major issue, just an issue.
:agree: BIG TIME!! :agree: we`ve used many delkrons over the years in race & street applications,great cases,but do have fitment probs in street frames
www.veetwinperformance.com
NITRO P/D HARLEY 7.14 @ 189/4.49 @ 167

Offline hotham

• Riding Harleys since the 60's
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, February 26, 2011. 03:57:02 PM. »
When I lived in Sacramento and Delkron was there,  I used nothing but their cases.  Was able to get "Blems",  that I used and abused without a failure.  First motor,  I realized how heavy duty their cases were,  when I went to pick up the motor to put in in the frame.  Heaviest motor I ever lifted.