I picked up a set of wheel covers for ol' Norma Jean, my '61 Panhead & thought I'd post a few pix for y'all. I know chrome won't get ya home...but I gotta admit I do like a bit of "bling" on the old girl. Sorry about the crappy pix...normally my camera does better than this. It could also be operator error. lol. Last pic shows the side I modified.
That's right...once I got them off the big brown truck they weren't quite like what the ad had appeared to show. So, I took my Dremel tool w/ cutoff wheel & went to town to graft an old hubcap to this side of the wheel cover for the look I was after. I made some stainless steel brackets & used stainless steel hardware to tie everything together. Nothing like hacking up brand new chrome...but
I 'm pretty stoked about the end result.