Author Topic: Help Adjusting pushrods with S&S HL2T lifters  (Read 1012 times)

Offline MIKEL

Help Adjusting pushrods with S&S HL2T lifters
« on: Saturday, October 09, 2010. 10:32:50 AM. »
I'm helping out a friend with his 2006 95 build.A bunch of hands have been in this motor. I found out it has S&S lifters with the HL2T spacer and S&S push rods. I have an S&S push rod installation manual so I do the 4 turns at TDC but I get confused on the procedure to finish adjusting. I am to back off an additional 1 full turn after zero lash is achieved? The push rod is really loose like it could fall out of the cups I have no experience with this lifter before just wondering if I'm doing it right.

\                                                                      MIKE

Offline 02FYRFTR

Re: Help Adjusting pushrods with S&S HL2T lifters
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, October 09, 2010. 11:13:54 AM. »
I'm helping out a friend with his 2006 95 build.A bunch of hands have been in this motor. I found out it has S&S lifters with the HL2T spacer and S&S push rods. I have an S&S push rod installation manual so I do the 4 turns at TDC but I get confused on the procedure to finish adjusting. I am to back off an additional 1 full turn after zero lash is achieved? The push rod is really loose like it could fall out of the cups I have no experience with this lifter before just wondering if I'm doing it right.

\                                                                      MIKE
Go to the S&S Cycle website and download the instruction set for pushrods and the HL2 limiters and follow the directions carefully and you will have no problems getting it righ.  If there is no oil in the lifters you must be careful not to move the piston with the adjuster.

Online wfolarry

• What's that?
    • Larry's Motorcycle & Machine Inc.
Re: Help Adjusting pushrods with S&S HL2T lifters
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, October 09, 2010. 01:51:17 PM. »
Tighten up the pushrod until it bottoms out & make sure it has bled all the way down. Back off the pushrod 'till it spins freely. Lock it down. Go to the next one. make sure you're on the base circle when doing the adjustments.