Author Topic: ultima 113 evo style  (Read 1096 times)

Offline tc1550

ultima 113 evo style
« on: Monday, September 06, 2010. 04:59:20 PM. »
my friend bent 2 front psh rods high rpm over rev  installed new ones all good
did compresson test same both cylenders bike wont idle billowing black smoke low rpm did i miss any thing no popping or back firing .
seems loaded up both plugs black real rich i think carb problem is it coinsidence or keep looking front cylender thanks

Offline choseneasy

Re: ultima 113 evo style
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 06, 2010. 05:45:14 PM. »
Check the throttle plate real close. If she backfired a few times chances are the shaft may be bent. What type of carb? I  found an S&S carb that did this when a rocker arm broke on a bike. Worth looking at.

Offline JohnS_Rosamond

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 06, 2010. 06:02:45 PM. »
OIl smoke tends to be a misty blue (and you can sometimes smell the oil).  Over rich condition tends to put out a more black smoke (and there'll be a strong gasoline smell).  I would guess that something has happened to your carb (.. carb right?  no EFi?)  Check that jets are not loose and that you're getting full range of motion on the throttle wheel and that throttle moves freely.  Also check the choke mechanism.  On CV it's possible to partially pull the choke cable out of it's sleeve so that the choke remains on even if the choke knob is pushed in all the way.  Good Luck.

Offline PaJoe

• 1990 FLHTCU located near Harrisburg,Pa
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, September 07, 2010. 01:08:57 AM. »
Our stock Ultima 113 came with a 45mm Mikuni carb and the manual does warn about being careful when routing the choke cable as it can stick partially open. I prefer and use a CV choke cable rather than the Mikuni on/off choke on my 45mm Mikuni and really did not spend much time using the Mikuni choke cable but seem to remember reading the Mikuni choke cable has an adjustment to help make sure it is off when pushed in.

Offline BB

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, September 07, 2010. 08:44:08 AM. »
My question is how do you bend both push rod on a over rev and not bend valves or cause head damage? If carb was ok before the bent push rods , you might look at valve train problems.
Ride Fast & Take Chances

Offline speed limit

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, September 12, 2010. 04:24:17 PM. »
Sounds like bent valves to me
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

Offline tc1550

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010. 11:45:46 AM. »
thanks guys carb throttle shaft bent problem solved no valve train issues

Offline prodrag1320

• Premium Vendor
  • AHDRA & AMRA national champion & record holder
    • vee twin racing
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, September 21, 2010. 04:06:47 PM. »
push rods are not going to bend from over reving,valves hitting valves or pistons from over reving will bend push rods
www.veetwinperformance.com
NITRO P/D HARLEY 7.14 @ 189/4.49 @ 167