Author Topic: Axtell 110" Head and cams Recomendation  (Read 1818 times)

Offline roadglide65

Axtell 110" Head and cams Recomendation
« on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008. 05:03:15 PM. »
Have  110" that has been good to me for over a year, Looking for a little more this winter. It now has flat tops pistons S/E pro heads (84cc) cleaned up by me 59G Andrews 10.8 static.   So give me some recommendations for heads and cams to wake her up a little more.  Look forward to hearing what some of you think.

Thanks

Charlie

Offline se

• JD's Cycle Works
Re: Axtell 110" Head and cams Recomendation
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008. 05:13:52 PM. »
what are you looking for in terms of power. what do you have now.
baisley super stock heads and woods tw6hg or tw8..  ii dont know what kind of job you did on the heads but i bet if you were to put a great set of heads like the Baisley Super Stock heads and leave the cam alone ......youll be impressed...
specialize in Harley Davidson high performance engines and Dyno tuning

Offline roadglide65

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008. 06:38:49 PM. »
what are you looking for in terms of power. what do you have now.
baisley super stock heads and woods tw6hg or tw8..  ii dont know what kind of job you did on the heads but i bet if you were to put a great set of heads like the Baisley Super Stock heads and leave the cam alone ......youll be impressed...

In terms of power now 110hp/106tq 4 gear sae#... not impressed with the TQ # !!!

Hell I don't know how I did on the heads LOL...... all I did was clean up the Intake ports and blend the seats. Left the exhaust ports alone.

I don't know if it helps but it still has the stock T/B and a modified FatCat with a supper trapp muffler on it.

I all so have a set of 67G Andrews that I thought about putting in to see if it would help the T/Q#

Guess the big question I have is,,, do I have somebody work these heads over or start with a set of stock heads and look for a bigger T/B.

Charlie

Offline Killer

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008. 07:44:51 PM. »
Well, if it was mine.
First I’d have the heads flowed to see where they are at. Then if the heads were in sad shape, I’d have a four or five angle done on the seats, and flow and port accordingly. I’d leave them at 84cc. I would definitely put that TW67G in; as that 59G may need more compression than you now have, and is more of a top-end cam.
OR, if you just want more torque, leave that cam in and raise your compression.
Hope this is food for thought.
Killer.
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

Offline Killer

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008. 07:50:27 PM. »
Oh ya, if you don’t have compression releases, I’d put some in.  :wink:
Admit nothing, Deny everything, Demand proof, and Make counter-accusations!

Offline roadglide65

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008. 06:56:35 AM. »
Well, if it was mine.
First I’d have the heads flowed to see where they are at. Then if the heads were in sad shape, I’d have a four or five angle done on the seats, and flow and port accordingly. I’d leave them at 84cc. I would definitely put that TW67G in; as that 59G may need more compression than you now have, and is more of a top-end cam.
OR, if you just want more torque, leave that cam in and raise your compression.
Hope this is food for thought.
Killer.

My reason for the 59s were to keep the ccc in the mid 180 psi which it did,  I just thought the T/Q# would be better. I know the 67s will be pushing the 200 psi Guess I shouldn't  have  worried about 15 psi.

My hope for this thing was to at least cross in to 120 HP/TQ range... Maybe it's just a dream  :embarrassed:

Offline HD Street Performance

• Premium Vendor
    • HD Street Performance
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008. 07:15:28 AM. »
Not sure I know which heads you have as the SE Pro MCR heads are usually under 80cc. It may be possible to use your heads as Killer suggested. They need inspection to confirm. Your goal is not hard to obtain IMO. I would use your heads (TBD) or modified stock heads (early casting) with OS valves and a Woods TW8 10.5/1 compression. TB will need to be upgraded to about a 51 but a 55 would work, good pipe and tune are essential. The TW67 works well with my heads but not so with others perhaps. The Wood 8 will get more torque under the curve however, peak numbers about the same. Here is a link to a 107" with the 67
http://deweysheads.com/dyno_pages/dyno11.html
123/124 SAE

Offline roadglide65

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008. 07:48:40 AM. »
Don

They are the old S/E pro heads ( 76-78cc) variety It was a big shock to me when they came out to 84cc,

I know the heads need to get some professional help and I know it needs a better T/B,  I was just trying to do the heads and T/B and use the 67s and not spring for a new set of cams. And have seen your Dyno page one of the very few that have # for the 67s. 

Offline HD Street Performance

• Premium Vendor
    • HD Street Performance
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008. 08:00:19 AM. »
Last one I did was a 103" 122/122 STD so probably about 120/120 SAE but the guy used a poor pipe and the curve was a bit steep for my liking. Big radius no baffles

Offline roadglide65

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008. 05:49:56 PM. »
Last one I did was a 103" 122/122 STD so probably about 120/120 SAE but the guy used a poor pipe and the curve was a bit steep for my liking. Big radius no baffles

I take it the 103" had the 67s??? or the Woods 8??

Thanks again.